As part of the Company’s ongoing engagement with the public health community, JUUL Labs today announced findings from its sciences and research program at the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) in New Orleans. The Company’s studies covered a wide range of topics that contribute to the growing body of scientific evidence on ENDS products.
JUUL Labs is fully committed to the current Premarket Tobacco Product Application (PMTA) process in the United States, and to that end has built a robust scientific research program to help assess the harm-reduction potential of JUUL products, including their impact on the individual user, their ability to move adult smokers away from combustible cigarettes, and the net-population impact on public health.
Below is the full list of JUUL Labs studies digitally shared at SRNT 2020:
- Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Evaluation of JL ENDS, Comparator ENDS, Combustible Cigarette, and Nicotine Gum Among Adult Smokers
- Association of Flavored JL ENDS Use and Subsequent Cigarette Smoking Among Adult Never Established Smokers
- Association of Initial JL ENDS Subjective Effects and Subsequent JL ENDS Use and Smoking Among Never and Former Established Smokers
- Longitudinal Study of Factors Associated with Consecutive vs. Isolated Cigarette Smoking Behavior in Adult Never Established Smokers (NES) Who Used a JL ENDS
- Factors Associated with Regular JL ENDS Use Among Adult Smokers Abstaining from Combustible Cigarettes
- Cigarette Smoking Slip and Relapse Behavior in Adult Former Smokers Who Use JL ENDS: A 12-month Longitudinal Study
- Initial Findings from a Pilot Program of a Novel System to Improve Retailer Compliance for Tobacco Product Purchases
- Real-Time Analysis of Particle Size Distribution of ENDS Aerosol at End-of-Liquid Stage using an Electrical Low-Pressure Impactor
- Effect of Mentholated Cigarette Smoking on Use of Flavored JL ENDS and Switching Behavior
JUUL Labs has been conducting and supporting nonclinical, clinical, and behavioral research examining the public health impact of JUUL products and is committed to working cooperatively with regulators, public health officials, and other stakeholders to preserve the historic opportunity to transition adult smokers away from combustible cigarettes, while combatting underage use.
The Company will continue to share results from its sciences and research program transparently with the public health communities as it works to support the scientific basis for the category, as well as future regulatory filings.